Water Heater Repair & Installation
Request a Quote
Water Heater Repair Service Company in Blacklick, OH
If you’re in need of a water heater installation or repair, look no further than Ohio Water Heaters! We’re the best in the business and we’re here to help. Our team of experienced professionals will get the job done quickly and efficiently so you can get back to your everyday life. We provide efficient water heater service in Blacklick, OH.
We want to ensure that you have the best possible experience with our company, from start to finish. That’s why we offer top-of-the-line products like a 50 gallon water heater and other after-sales services at competitive prices. You won’t find a better deal anywhere else.
When Is the Right Time To Call Water Heater Expert?
Looking for a water heater repair service near Blacklick but not sure yet? Listen to us! Most people would call a plumber to fix their leaking faucets or clogged drain. However, it may surprise you that the water heater is one of the most common appliances in your home that gets worn out and needs replacement. It makes sense if you think about it.
A plumbing fixture only uses hot water for washing hands, appliances which use cold water make up a large percentage of our daily bathroom time. The following are signs that it is time to call a plumber about your hot water heater repair:
- Inspect the surface of your 40 gallon water heater for any moisture leaks. If you smell hot metal, that is a sign that rust has formed inside your tank which can be very dangerous. It’s best to call a plumber when you notice these signs. You may decide that you want to replace the unit when you are in there for another job.
- You have rusty or brownish-red water coming from your tap. You may need to get it repaired or even get a new water heater installation.
- Your hot water temperature fluctuates too much. You might need to call an expert for tankless water heater maintenance.
- Your water heater is more than 10 years old.
What Are The Components Of Gas Water Heater?
A gas water heater has four main components: the pressure relief valve, anode rod(s) (if equipped), dip tube and thermocouple (gas models only):
- The pressure relief valve ensures that excess pressure from the heating process can be released from the tank. It also prevents a fire from being able to develop by releasing some of the gas or fuel, as it heats up during operation.
- Water is heated in the bottom of the tank and as it rises it displaces cold water remaining in the tank towards its top. The temperature of this water is the temperature you set your thermostat to.
- As the tank heats up, gas enters through an inlet connection and flows up through a riser pipe to the top of the tank where it exits via a vent. Gas will not flow from the inlet connection unless there is a sufficient pressure differential between it and the open vent.
- When your thermostat calls for hot water, a signal is sent from the electromechanical control to the gas valve and gas is admitted through a hole in the burner assembly which passes through a port inside of the heating chamber.
- This spark ignites and heats up a metal coil or ‘glowing ember’ which then begins to heat up the gas surrounding it thus, producing hot water.
- As the system continues to run and the temperature of the metal coil increases, it begins to glow red hot. You can see this easily if you lift up the two access panels on your gas water heater. Temperature is important because as it gets hotter inside of the tank, less gas is required to maintain a constant temperature.
- The thermostat senses this continuous rise in temperature and will tell the gas valve to open up just enough to increase the rate of gas flow. This process continues until either hot water has been delivered or your tank runs out of hot water. If any one of these components may leak, you may need a gas water heater repair then.
The Ohio Water Heaters team consists of licensed experts that are available around the clock to serve all your needs. We provide a wide range of options that also include:
- Electric tankless water heater in Blacklick, OH
- Hybrid water heater installation in Blacklick, OH
- Tankless water heater installation in Blacklick, OH