Installing a new water heater in your home can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right knowledge and preparation, you can make sure your installation goes smoothly without any costly mistakes. In this article, we’ll discuss 5 common mistakes to avoid when planning for a water heater installation in Columbus, OH. By avoiding these pitfalls, you’ll save yourself time and money while ensuring the longevity of your unit. So, let’s get started!
- Skipping Professional Installation: Many people try to install their own water heaters in an effort to save money or time; however, this is not recommended due to the complexity of plumbing systems. Professional plumbers are experienced in dealing with such issues and will make sure the installation is done correctly, avoiding costly mistakes and potential safety hazards.
- Improper Sizing: Water heaters come in a variety of sizes and should be chosen based on your home’s needs. If you choose a unit that is too small, it won’t provide sufficient hot water for your family’s needs; if you choose one that is too large, you may end up with higher energy bills.
- Not Checking Building Codes: Before installing your water heater, make sure to check what building codes are applicable in Columbus OH, as they can vary from city to city. Failing to adhere to local codes could result in fines or other penalties being imposed.
- Not Accounting for Ventilation Requirements: Water heaters require a certain level of ventilation to ensure that dangerous gases are vented out properly. This is especially important when installing tankless water heaters, as they often need additional venting and exhaust systems.
- Not Testing for Leaks: After the installation is complete, make sure to do a thorough check for any leaks around the unit or in your plumbing system. Additional steps can also be taken to test for any hidden leaks that may not be visible right away.
By following these tips, you’ll go a long way toward ensuring a successful water heater installation in New Albany or Columbus OH! If you have any questions or would like further advice on the matter, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced plumber today.
At Ohio Water Heaters, we are dedicated to helping customers install their water heaters safely and correctly. We have vast experience in the industry, so you can trust us to get the job done right. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a water heater service in Hilliard, OH!