Think about it – your water heater is likely one of the most expensive appliances in your home. It’s probably one of the least thought-about, until something goes wrong. Here are a few tips to help you save money on your water heater in Columbus, OH, and extend its life.
- Turn down the heat. Water heating accounts for about 18% of your home’s energy use. By turning your water heater’s thermostat down 10-15 degrees, you can save 5-10% on your energy bill.
- Insulate your water heater. A well-insulated water heater can save you up to 9% on your energy bill. The new water heater installation in Columbus, OH, already includes insulation, but you can add it to your older model.
- Install a low-flow showerhead. Low-flow showerheads can save you up to 700 gallons of water per year, and they’re relatively inexpensive.
- Fix leaks. A leaky faucet can waste up to 3,000 gallons of water per year – that’s enough to fill more than 150 standard bathtubs!
- Consider a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters are much more efficient than traditional storage tank water heaters, and they can save you up to 34% on your energy bill.
- Upgrade your water heater. If your current water heater is over 12 years old, it’s probably time to consider an upgrade. Newer models are much more efficient, and they can save you hundreds of dollars each year on your energy bill.
If you’re looking for ways to save money on your water heater, Ohio Water Heaters has some tips for you. Whether you need a new installation or want to know the gas water heater replacement cost in Columbus, OH, our experienced team can help. Contact us today at 614-327-6971 to learn more!