If you’re like most homeowners, your water heater is one of the appliances you rely on most. Given how important it is, it’s important to make sure you’re taking care of it and that any needed repairs are taken care of as soon as possible. Here are 5 tips to help with water heater repair in Columbus, OH.
- Check the thermostat: One of the most common issues with water heaters is a faulty thermostat. If your water heater isn’t heating properly, it’s worth checking the thermostat to see if it needs to be adjusted or replaced.
- Inspect the heating element: Another common issue is a problem with the heating element. If it’s not working properly, it could be the reason your water isn’t getting hot enough.
- Flush the tank: Over time, sediment can build up in the bottom of the water heater tank. This can cause problems with heating and also lead to premature wear and tear on the tank itself. Flushing the tank on a regular basis can help prevent these issues.
- Check for leaks: Water heaters can develop leaks over time. If you notice any water pooling around your water heater, it’s important to have it checked out by scheduling hot water heater repair in Dublin, OH to avoid further damage.
- Schedule regular maintenance: The best way to avoid major repairs is to schedule regular maintenance for your water heater. This can help catch small issues before they turn into bigger, more expensive problems.
By following these tips, you can help keep your water heater in good working order and avoid the need for major repairs down the road. If you do find yourself in need of repair or installation of an electric tankless water heater in Hilliard, OH, and surrounding areas, contact Ohio Water Heaters at (614) 327-6971 for more information.