A water heater is a household appliance used to heat water. It is common for people in Columbus, OH to experience problems with their water heaters, such as leaking, rusting, and noise. Fortunately, there are ways to extend your water heater’s life. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to care for your water heater and prevent breakdowns. If you are experiencing any problems, be sure to call a professional or schedule hot water heater repair in Columbus, OH for help. Tips To Extend The Life Of Your Water Heater. It is important to care for your water heater to extend its life. Some of the best ways to do this are:
1. Check the anode rod regularly and replace it if necessary.
2. Flush the tank regularly to remove sediment buildup.
3. Inspect the tank for leaks and corrosion regularly.
4. Install a water heater blanket to insulate the tank and prevent heat loss.
5. Check the temperature and pressure relief valve regularly to ensure it is working properly.
6. Have your water heater serviced by a professional every few years.
7. Use a water softener if you have hard water.
8. Drain the tank completely and refill it once a year.
9. Set the thermostat to the recommended temperature (120 degrees Fahrenheit).
10. Turn off the water heater when you will be away from home for an extended period.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your water heater and prevent costly repairs. If you are having any problems with your electric tankless water heater in Pickerington, OH, or surrounding areas be sure to call a professional like Ohio Water Heaters for help.
At Ohio Water Heaters, we offer a wide range of water heater services including installation, maintenance, and repair, and can help you with any problem you may be having. If you require hot water heater service in Worthington, OH, be sure to call Ohio Water Heaters at (614) 327-6971.