Are you thinking of getting a tankless water heater installed in your home? If so, you’ll want to avoid certain areas where installing this type of unit is not advisable. Here are some tips on where a tankless water heater should not be placed in your home.
1. In an area where the temperature drops below freezing. This is because tankless water heaters rely on a continuous supply of water to operate, and if the water in the unit freezes, it can damage the unit. So, when you are scheduling tankless water heater installation in Columbus, OH, ensure that the installers do not place the unit in an area where it will be exposed to freezing temperatures.
2. In an area where there is a lot of dust or other airborne particles. This is because these particles can clog the unit’s heat exchanger, which reduces its efficiency and can eventually lead to damage.
3. In an area where there is a lot of moisture. This is because high levels of moisture can cause corrosion, which can damage the unit.
4. In an area where there is a lot of vibration. This is because vibration can damage the unit’s internal components, which can lead to leaks or other problems. If you have to schedule water heater service in Pickerington, OH, and surrounding areas, ensure to approach the contractor who installed the water heater for you.
5. In an area where there is a lot of light. This is because light can cause the unit to overheat, which can damage the unit.
6. In an area where there is a lot of heat. This is because heat can damage the unit’s internal components, which can lead to leaks or other problems.
These are just some of the places where you should not install a tankless water heater. If you have any questions about where to install your unit, be sure to ask your contractor for advice. They will be able to help you choose the best location for your unit so that it can operate efficiently and last for many years. At Ohio Water Heater, we assist with water heater installation and water heater repair near Powell, OH, and surrounding areas.
Contact Ohio Water Heaters at (614) 327-6971 to schedule an appointment.